Matt’s Project StormRunner

The next step up from the stage that is was at was going fully caged. I thought about it for a while and saved enough and then finally pulled the trigger on doing a full cage, back half, and 4-link the truck. I took the truck back to Dirt Designs so he could start the process.

Steve started with the cab cage. He made a unique and very strong roof design that gained a lot of interest on social media. Steve also made some awesome shock mounts for the backhalf. I added 2.5″ King bumpstops on all four corners as well.

One huge upgrade was the addition of the Camburg Racing rear end with Yukon Gear & Axle 5.13 gears with detroit locker. This was much needed with the new added weight and 37″ tires.

The engine cage crossmember is an awesome piece to look at when you open the tilt hood Fiberwerx one piece.

Since I didn’t have a bed anymore, and I still needed room to mount batteries for the new CT sound system, Steve pulled a design from a previous build (Carlos’s Cummins) and built a flip up and locking storage/spare tire carrier.

The finishing touches turned out amazing!!

Currently I am in the process of restyling the entire truck from top to bottom with all new custom PRP Seats, Innov8 Forged Wheels, Patriot Tires, KC HiLites Carbon Pods, paint by SRS Coachworks, and other little things I have not released yet! Stay tuned on my Instagram page, @project_stormrunner, for the latest updates!

Pics by Dirt Cinema

Pics by BH Photography

Facebook Comments

1 Comment